Title: CNC Machinist Model-Maker Surfcam (CNC Programmer and Operator)
Location: San Jose, CA
Duration: Contract to Hire full time with benefits after initial probation period which is to be determined during contract phase.
Salary: Competitive wage rates to be negotiated
Shift: Day, 9 to 6
The Candidate: Needs to be able to efficiently program and CNC a part from multiple materials, from ABS, Aluminum, Brass, PC, Acryli, Tooling Foam, and Steel.
- Program parts from IGES cad format and convert to HAAS CNC mills using 3D Surfcam4. Also programming on complex surfaces in 3D. These are a must.
- Setup and operate Haas milling machines are a must.
- Fabricate Prototypes based on verbal, sketches or CAD data using Vertical Milling Machines, Manual Lathes and other machines including Band Saw, Drill Press, etc. is a plus.
- Must be able to work in a team environment as a key machinist which can take on projects with minimal staff support.
- CAM Programmer must be able to determine best tool selection & calculate speeds & feeds for a variety of materials. Must be able to inspect parts & make offset adjustments to meet print requirements.
- Minimum of 2-3 years in machining and/or Prototyping Model Making.
- CAM programming in 3D Surfcam is a must.
- CAD knowlege of Pro E or Solidworks is a plus, but not required.
- Ability to machine precision parts within .004″ or .1mm. Should be able to work in either inch or metric.
- Knowledge in machining skills including Milling, Lathe, Table and Band Saws and the ability to setup each machine.
- High Mechanical Aptitude.
- Ability to manage medium to complex prototype builds and give feedback to Engineering teams and clients.
- Willingness to to be part of creative problem solving.
- Ability to work to provide schedules and deadlines
- Attention to detail.
- Good written and oral communication
Being a self starter and highly motivated is of much importance.
Candidates should email resume and some photos of past work.
(408) 242 0210
1050 N 5th Street, Suite B,
San Jose, CA 95112